Lots of existing groups?  

RSS

John
 John
30/01/2017 4:37 pm  

Just throwing this out there:

At the start-up yesterday, it sounded a bit like there might be a lot of existing groups out there already. That got me to wondering whether the best use for us in this venue might be to get the info about those groups out to people so they can work directly with them, and to make announcements when there are local events planned or action items proposed (like making phone calls).

Very happy to be mistaken about this, but it seemed like a lot of what Regan was writing down was other organizations.

John

ReplyQuote
Jbauer
30/01/2017 9:05 pm  

I agree, there are many state and regional well staffed environmental groups. Getting back into RGGI when a Dem is elected governor is very high priority. And others. I work with these groups and Simon a couple of their boards.  Janine Bauer

ReplyQuote
Jbauer
30/01/2017 9:05 pm  

I agree, there are many state and regional well staffed environmental groups. Getting back into RGGI when a Dem is elected governor is very high priority. And others. I work with these groups and Simon a couple of their boards.  Janine Bauer

ReplyQuote
Bill Haskins
30/01/2017 9:29 pm  

Hi John,

I think you are right. The best thing we can probably do is connect people with environmental groups that are doing things that interest them and then reconvene to share and encourage.

I'm looking forward to learning more about 350.org and it sounds like we have a member of the group that works for NRDC that could let us know more about what they do as well. We could also consider setting up meetings with other organizations.

-Bill Haskins 

John liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register