Forum format question  

RSS

John
 John
02/02/2017 6:57 pm  

Is it possible to show unread messages for each thread? This is a common feature in software like this.

Thanks.

John

ReplyQuote
mattpeyton
Eminent Member
03/02/2017 7:03 am  

I will have a look!

ReplyQuote
mattpeyton
Eminent Member
11/02/2017 4:05 pm  

The answer is that the guide on the bottom of the forum 'interface' shows how to see new from old, etc..  replied, active, etc etc.

ReplyQuote
John
 John
12/02/2017 3:14 pm  

That's something, but not what I mean.

What I'm after is what, for example, you find on Google groups: when I log in, I see each group . Then when I go into the group, the threads are shown with a count of threads that I haven't read, and the list then highlights those unread (again, by me) threads. Something similar is used on other software of this kind as well.

Another issue is the narrowness of the display portion of the forum site. It almost looks like it's set up for mobile. Most of my screen space is wasted (and this is on a laptop with 1280 px-wide display). See the attached screen shot.

Maybe a different theme offers wider tables (or maybe this one is configurable)?

John

ReplyQuote
Shara
12/02/2017 11:00 pm  

Good point John.  I have adjusted the page layout.

Best,

Shara

ReplyQuote
John
 John
16/02/2017 9:45 pm  

Thanks, Shara! Much better.

Is there a place in the preferences for users to tweak the appearance on their own computers? (I find the font a little to small.)

John

ReplyQuote
mattpeyton
Eminent Member
21/02/2017 8:09 am  

John - I'm a mac user - and the way I adjust fonts and zoom and etc is Safari/Preferences/Advanced.        I'm betting that there is a way to adjust the forum type face in the CSS editor of the main site, but that might effect all text globally.    I will have a look under the hood this morning.

Make the content larger for all webpages: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then click the Page Zoom pop-up menu and choose a percentage.

Make the content larger for a specific website: Choose View > Zoom In, or press Command–Plus Sign (+), or pinch open on a trackpad that supports gestures. Safari remembers the zoom level when you return to the website (unless you pinch open to zoom). To make only text larger, press Option while you choose View > Make Text Bigger. Safari remembers the text size when you return to the website.

Expand to full-screen view: Click the green full-screen button in the top-left corner of the browser window, or press Control-Command-F. To stop using the app full screen, move the pointer to the top-left corner of the screen, then click the green full-screen button again, or press Control-Command-F.

Use Safari in Split View: Click and hold the green full-screen button in the top-left corner of the browser window, drag the Safari window to the side of the screen you want, then release the button. Select an app that supports Split View on the other half of the screen.

ReplyQuote
mattpeyton
Eminent Member
21/02/2017 8:43 am  

John - we have bumped the font up one tic for all categories, topics, detail view, menus.    Let me know if this looks OK to you?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register