The SOMA Action Environmental Committee
SOMA Action Environmental Committee is made up of local volunteers in South Orange and Maplewood focusing on local, state, and national priorities. We have formed to advocate for sound environmental laws and policies and to hold our elected officials accountable for their votes and actions.
Our priority is climate change, which also includes information about environmental jobs and social justice. We will accomplish this by:
- Hosting open meetings with local residents.
- Meeting with government officials to let them know of our support and our opposition on climate related legislation and issues in our two towns.
- Offering our support to other local environmental groups in our two towns and in neighboring ones.
- Defending our existing environmental laws from extreme attacks in Congress.
- Protecting our public lands and clean water.
- Working with local, state, and environmental groups to pass strong climate and clean energy solutions at the local and state level.
- To share information with other local environmental action groups.